Thursday, December 4, 2008

Angry.

So I've been watching the news, and I'm quite upset about the sign that they are allowing in the State Capitol alongside the Christmas tree. The sign is from a group that are Atheists, and basically states that there is no God, no Heaven or Hell, no angels, that Christmas and religion are myths. This has upset thousands, with the Capitol receiving two hundred calls every hour. But to no avail, our Governor Gregoire will not consider removing the sign because in her opinion it's an issue of the First Amendment. The Supreme Court has said include one, and that they must include all religious beliefs. I do not wish to offend anyone or their beliefs, but Atheism is NOT a religion in my opinion. They do not believe in anything or anyone, just our "natural world." Why do they feel the need to post a sign that diminishes all our Christmas traditions? Shame on Chris Gregoire for trying to be political instead of considering the feelings of those who are offended by this. It seems it will have caused more hurt and disappointment then if it were to be taken down. I am deeply saddened by this, it seems that the true meaning of this favorite holiday is slipping further away.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Pooh. I am thinking, find the little pink you know what that we planned to use to get kicked out of high school, and go raise havoc at the capital! Let's go take down the sign! Could you imagine?! Oh my word, makes me laugh thinking about it. 12:15 school's out.

Our growing family said...

ALLIE!! You have a blog!!! I will have to add you so I can keep up to day w/you and yours! I can't wait to read some of the enties!
This entry is unbelievable!!! Makes me sad too!
Hope you are well!
blessings,
tarena

Paolo said...

Just wanted to let you know that I put a link up on my blog to Chris' blog before you did! ;)

If Dino Rossi was elected governor, this problem would have been solved!