So, the movie last night was good, the acting was phenomenal, but I was disappointed in the first 20 minutes. Top that with some confusing scenes, a sad, almost disturbing ending, and it's hard to see what the actors loved about the story as a whole. It was lovely to see Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio together again, and as I said, they were both Oscar-worthy. But it's sad that I was so excited about the hype that I had to go see it on opening night. That is rare for me.
See it, you might love it, don't buy it because you probably won't watch it again.
TOP TEN FAVORITE DRAMA FILMS (some may fall into other categories as well)
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I would put this in all categories ;)
2. Pride and Prejudice (The most beautiful and intoxicating love story)
3. Gone With The Wind (Timeless classic, for the time such a production...)
4. A Few Good Men (I have loved this since I was 13)
5. Titanic (Anything you see in the theater 9 times must be on the list)
6. Spanglish (Exceptional acting, great plot)
7. Far and Away (I love period pieces and Tom Cruise...)
8. Atonement (A shocking yet captivating period piece)
9. In Her Shoes (More phenomenal acting, and the book is one of my favorites)
10. The Notebook (The kind of love story that makes your heart ache)
So there it is. Yes, I do love me some chick flick. I'm a girl. And I love to daydream. And it only took me about 5 minutes to compose this list, so that's how much I love these movies. Watch and enjoy.