Friday, January 16, 2009

HOT Yoga

I went to try out Hot Yoga with Nicole and Amanda in Federal Way yesterday. I was a little hesitant at first, the thought of sweating profusely in a hot room with 60 other people didn't exactly sound fun. I can't take much heat! It was. so. hot. Approximately 112 degrees! The yoga was hard but I like yoga, it was the heat that was hard to sit in for 90 minutes. We laid on our mats a lot, my head was pounding and Nicole felt nauseous, which is all normal. It was only $10 for ten 90 minute sessions, because that's how long it takes to get used to the climate and they want to get you hooked. At first it was very relaxing, the heat and yoga poses, but after the first half I felt like I could die! But we made it through, and I felt good afterwards. My clothes were Dripping wet, like I had just stepped out of a shower. Never sweat so much in my life! I had a major headache last night and felt a bit feverish, but just like with a good massage, it's normal because your body is flushing all of your toxins out so you feel like crap the first few times. All in all a good experience that was good for my health. I'm going to go hopefully tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's easier the second time around...

3 comments:

Our growing family said...

this sounds cool! except for the not feeling good part! keep up on the h20...that would be aweful if you really did pass out!
love all the pictures! you look amazing in that dress!
so glad you are blogging again!

Jenny from the block said...

Hot Mess

Nicole said...

oh my word, it was SOOOOO hot!!! I am going to try to go tomorrow, you up for it :)