Friday, January 23, 2009

Leavenworth!

Chris, Tristan and I took Chris's brother Eric to Leavenworth to celebrate his 24th birthday (and as an excuse for a small vacation, of course). We had a ton of fun, walked around town, went swimming, and thoroughly enjoyed our suite at The Enzian Inn. I love this hotel, I wouldn't stay anywhere else, and I've been going to it almost every year since I was little. So I guess I am proudly carrying on the tradition. The hotel is awesome, beautiful in a Bavarian style with an indoor pool and a complimentary buffet breakfast that is so worth going there. If you want to know more go to http://www.enzianinn.com/ . So we got to Leavenworth Wednesday afternoon, checked in, and went to check out our suite. I got it because we needed a separate room for Tristan to sleep, and it was the same price as 2 rooms. And it was worth it! The 1st room was the living room, with a sink and coffeemaker (yum) and a complimentary bottle of sparkling cider (too bad it wasn't really a romantic night lol). There was a couch that pulled out into a bed for Eric, a tv and fireplace, and a deck. In the 2nd room was our huge beautiful bed and a lovely spa tub that I was so sad I didn't have time to enjoy :( . We went to dinner at a great Italian restaurant, but the food was so rich we couldn't finish it! We went back to the hotel and went swimming, which was really nice to sit in a hot tub... Tristan loved swimming as long as Daddy didn't dunk him, which he did a few times. Not very nice. After, we went back to our room where Chris put Tristan down so I could watch LOST. What a husband. Even on vacation there's no way I would miss the season premiere of LOST :) It was AWESOME, after that we played cards and snacked on some goodies we bought at the chocolate shop in town. So here are some cute pictures for you all:Tristan all excited on our bed after just getting in the room. He was really excited, running all around the rooms and jumping all over the bed!

At the chocolate shop. Guess who knows what chocolate is and how good it tastes??


Yea! Getting ready to go swimming!


Our lovely ginormous bed...





Happy Birthday Uncle Eric!!





So sad... I want to climb in it right now.





Having tons of fun swimming with Daddy


Waiting in town for Chris and Eric while they visited their 8th cheese/wine/meat shop ;) Tristan didn't mind, he got to run around a lot. (P.S.- Make sure if you bring a 1 year old in a shop with wine bottles...you keep their arms and legs "inside the Daddy" as Chris put it after Tristan knocked over and broke a bottle of wine! Chris did buy one anyway.

I would never get one but now I do understand why moms get leashes for kids.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad you guys had such a fun time, your hotel looks very Bavarian, isn't that the hotel with the Ricola man?!? I would love to stay there sometime!

Annette said...

Haha! Tristan's smarter than we think. He knows that if you have chocolate, you have to go swimming and run around... so you can have more!!