Monday, February 16, 2009

Flowers, bloody tongues, and a haircut

Valentine's Day this year was great...I hung out with my son all day, went shopping, and after Chris got off work, he came home to a few gifts and a lot of kisses ;). We drank some delicious Italian wine and watched Superbad. So romantic... and I also got this lovely display the night before. Chris is good with flowers.
Tristan's 3rd haircut! Every time now he looks more and more like a little boy, not a baby...sad. But he looks sooo cute with a fauxhawk. He recieved many an adoring "aww..." when we went out shopping. I also got a new phone, after 2 hours on the phone with my company. I was supposed to be mailed one but it got messed up and they were out of stock, so I went to the corporate store. I am embarrassed to say, it kinda "does everything". But it's only because that was the free one they offered and it's a touch screen. Fun. I love it. I probably won't do anything on it but text, call, and maybe check the news or something. I can feel myself going over to the dark technology-advanced side already....
Tristan did not have a good morning. He was running, as he always does, and biffed it, as he usually does. But this time he went face down hard on his beloved guitar and bit his tongue severely. It looked bad. Yuck, poor kid. Nevertheless, he was still a champ and had fun the whole day. We even went to McDonald's after getting my phone and he was excited. Sadly, I didn't think about how hard it might be to eat chicken mcnuggets with a gouge in your tongue...Mommy of the Year, that's me.


No comments: