Saturday, March 28, 2009

Don't Say COOKIE!!

Wow. It's snowing outside right now. Anyways...
So, Chris made a mistake earlier today. He was in the bedroom getting ready for work. Tristan always wants in our bedroom to get Chris's phone, guitar, or some other prized possession of ours he deems worthy of investigating, and we are always trying to corral him out. So I assume he was trying to get him out when Tristan came running to me, staring at me intently. Chris yelled out laughing, "I said Mommy had a cookie for him," thinking he wouldn't understand but would go out curiously. No. No, Chris. You have failed to notice that our smart little man not only knows what a cookie is, he knows what chocolate is, as previously observed in Leavenworth. We don't give him cookies all the time or anything, but he has had one, and anyone knows, one is enough to get you hooked. You also learn as a parent, that when you promise something to your child, you'd better be prepared to deliver. So here Tristan is, staring at me desperately, and I tell Chris, shaking my head, that he'd better give him a cookie since it was promised. I tell him that Daddy will get him a cookie, and that sends him confused signals and he starts to get emotional. He just wants his cookie!! Lol...so finally Chris comes out and gives him a cookie in his chair. At this point, Tristan has tears in his eyes and is saying, "Peese? peese?" The whole thing was hilarious knowing how emotional he got fretting over the cookie dilemma. If you give a kid a cookie...he'll just want another one to go with it.

No comments: