Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movie Review: 3rd Edition

Yes, she can give a good review!! I saw Taken a few nights ago with my sisters, and it was fantastic! I didn't know much about it, but thought it might be very scary and possibly gory in some way. The way they make horror movies nowadays freaks me out and I even cringe at previews. Just a nightmare waiting to happen! But Heidi assured me it was only PG13 so it couldn't be bad at all ;) Not that I can't take R rated... I just can't take "scary movies" anymore. I'm talking about Saw, The Last House on the Left, and The Strangers, which I didn't even see but Jessica's synopsis and the fact that she wanted to puke was enough.

Anyways, back to Taken. I can't believe that Liam Neeson has not aged in like, 10 years! He was a bad-ass in this movie, playing an ex-CIA agent who gave it up to be with his daughter ( Maggie Grace from Lost), only to have her travel abroad and be kidnapped by human traffickers. Very suspenseful and action-packed. I will probably see it again because I know many who would love it. I also saw He's Just Not That Into You and it was also very good, great cast, funny and entertaining. Probably more chick-flick but guys would enjoy it too.

No comments: