Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Twilight Saga...

"If I was a germaphobe, I wouldn't be in Walmart." - My sister, Heidi.

This statement set off an abundance of laughter as Heidi and I braved the tense crowd at Walmart last night to buy copies of Twilight at 12:01 am. I know. That in itself is laughable. However, if you are a fan of the Twilight books, you are nodding your head and are right there with us. We waited in a line for a short time, our neck of the woods is more discreet if you will, so it went quite fast. They had a "party", with refreshments, and a yummy-looking cake with a picture of the Twilight cast on it. I made it known that I was going to get a piece, when Heidi proceeded to tell me that it was probably spit on and touched by sick kids. My friend Nicole is nodding her head right now. So I lost my appetite and grumpily called her a germaphobe. The sentence above was her reply and it was funny. I would have taken a picture of the cake to show you, like so many teens I saw (and giggled at), but that was taking it too far. Needless to say, as we got closer and the cake tempted us, Heidi gave in and we both had a piece. And it was delicious.

Twilight is the reason for my absence from blogging and God knows what else. I got reeled in and read all 4 books in a week and a half. One in 24 hours ;) . I'm not going to go into anything else, I'm sure many of you are tired of hearing the hype and the rest are way ahead of me ;) . So, I loved them. Great story, very suspenseful and emotional. Now I am back, with promises of many cute pictures soon to follow.

2 comments:

Jenny from the block said...

I'm actually very angry at the movie. I watched the movie before reading the book. I felt the movie lacked the build up of the relationship between Edward and Bella. I was also rather upset that Edward (movie) wasn't all that cute. I'm not a fan of movies where I get a better mental picture by reading than by watching.

Nicole said...

Oh my word, I was totally nodding my head at the perfect moment!!! I love that you went at midnight to get the dvd, we will definitely see "New Moon" at midnight too! :)

ps - my word verification is "exactesi" weird.