Saturday, March 28, 2009

Movie Review: 4th Edition


This weeks review is on Fireproof. I watched it last night with my Mom and it was fantastic. I had heard great things about it and I always loved Kirk Cameron. The movie was about Caleb (Kirk), a firefighter, who is having trouble in his marriage and is considering divorce. His father asks him to wait 40 days, and gives him something that might change the way he thinks about love. It truly is moving and intense and suspenseful at times. I do love holding my breath in suspense while my fingers clench into a fist...

The movie has so many lines that really force you to think about how to conduct yourself and what God really meant marriage (and love) to be. I was afraid before I watched it that it wasn't going to be "real" enough. That the issues that the couple faced wouldn't be severe enough to be believable. I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at how "real" the arguments were. Anyways, I won't say anymore because I want everyone to see this. Whether you are married, happily or not, engaged, dating, or single, this movie will teach you something. I wish they would show this to people before they marry. Then maybe a few more would take the commitment more seriously. I was also very impressed with the special features. REALLY hilarious outtakes!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I just watched this last night and was pleasantly surpised, I too really liked it! I already mailed it back (netflix) and didn't check out the special features, bummer!!!