Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Things I Complain About vs Things I Am Thankful For

Just a little perspective... some things I have actually considered and it did help me to stop complaining/worrying a bit. I have always been a "glass is half-full" kinda girl. So perhaps it will give someone else a thought about why they should feel lucky.

1. I wish I had more money, but I am VERY thankful to have a roof over my head, heat, food for my family, and room for a lot of fun things.
2. I wish I was thin, but I am thankful that God gave me a body that works, and that I have the opportunity to get healthier.
3. I hate when there is drama in my family, but I am blessed to have a family where we are so close there is bound to be drama ;)
4. I hate getting up early, but I am thankful for every moment I have with Tristan, especially while he's so young.
5. I get very tired of cleaning, but I saw an Oprah where 10 families in a shelter complex had to share a vacuum and it made me very thankful.
6. I fight with Chris about many things that won't matter in a day, but I am very thankful that he is my husband and loves me ALL the time. And brings me flowers ;)
7. I wish I could afford a new wardrobe, but I am thankful to have enough clothes that I could give them away, and a husband who prefers me in sweats ;)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love you Allie, you always have been the half full girl, what would I do without you?!?
Amen to sweats and husbands who feel the same :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of - and shed a few tears for - my baby sister..... you display such grace and loveliness amongst much darkness.